Pat's Blog

blah, blah...blah?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Depressed: Not moving out :-(((

Lots of people use their blogs to vent their frustrations, well I'll use mine for that too. For those who don't know the story: My bf and I had plans to move in together. A friend of ours was gonna rent us an apartment for a minimum fee, so everything was settled. She needed the money, we needed the place, it was great. We'd been day dreaming of this for months, not buying any stuff for our new place, but finding out about prices and really looking forward to it. Our friend (the one renting us the apartment) even gave us a coffee maker as our birthday present. That was to be our first new house appliance. You might be wondering "if everything was so great why haven't you moved to that apartment already?" The answer is quite simple: We were just waiting for my bf to sign his new contract at work, which was to take place today. We were not going to move anywhere if we did not have a good financial backup (that is, his job and mine). Everything was going great at his work, he was learning a lot, enjoyed the job and the company seemed to be pleased with him, but.... I'm sure you've guessed it already: They refused to sign him a new contract!!! In other words, he was fired, and is now unemployed. To say that we're upset and depressed is to put it mildly... WE'RE SO FUCKING UPSET AND DEPRESSED WE CAN BARELY BREATHE!! All our dreams shattered in like 2 milliseconds. We won't be able to move out now, cuz we can't make ends meet with my income only. My friend does really need to rent that apartment, and it was awfully nice of her to have waited for us. But now she'll surely rent it to someone else, which I think is the right thing for her to do. Some might thing we could just go and look for another apartment, but I'm afraid that's not possible, cuz rents are so terribly high right now that we can't afford paying a regular fee, let alone if he's unemployed. Not even if my bf got a new job right now, unless he earned a fortune, which he won't, cuz he's just making his first steps in the business (computers and stuff).

So, that's it... life is shit, and I hate it!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Hey Roger, thanks for the comment. Sorry, my Dutch is not good enough for a reply, but I did understand what you wrote. What sucks the most about the whole situation is that: a) we're missing an unique chance with the apartment we were going to rent and b) the way in which he as fired, totally undexpected and contrary to how the company had been acting towards my bf (you don't have an employee open a bank account to deposit his salary there every month if you're gonna fire him 15 days afterwards, if you know what I mean). Anyways, it's been a week already, and we're dealing with it. That post was just venting my initial surprise and frustration.

Thanks a lot for the support, though :-)

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home