Pat's Blog

blah, blah...blah?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Scenes of the Cell Phone Life....

The world is crazy, real crazy. And cell phones add up to it. Here's a Saturday afternoon scene:

I get up from a lovely 2 hour nap, switch my cell phone on and find the following message:

that you are dating someone i'm really happy about it i hop you're very happy bye kiss i love you

I click on message options, look for the sender and find an unknown cell phone number (from my city). I pressed "Reply" and answered:

Who are you?


I get this answer:


who are you tel me your name


So I reply:


No, unless you tell me who you are


I receive:


I'm nora and you


By now it was high time I clarified the scene a bit so I replied:


Patricia. Do I know you?


Two minutes later, I get a call from my new-found friend, Nora. Here's our conversation:


Nora: - Hi, I'm Nora, the messages girl. Where did you get my number?


Patito: - Where did you get mine? I started getting sms's and I replied to them to see who they were from. Someone must have gotten your number and started sending messages. Sorry for any inconvenience.


Nora: - Mmmmm OK, no problem.


Patito: - OK, then. Bye.


Nora: - Bye.


Oh well!I don't know who the heck this Nora is, or why she's upset that I'm dating my Andrés. ¿A secret fan, maybe? Or maybe a friend or a sister of a secret fan. Who knows...


¡The world is crazy, real crazy! And cell phones add up to it. ....


Pat.

P.S: This is a translation of the original message in Spanish I posted at our joint forum.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Yes, Roger, you're right. Here, a cell phone is any GSM, TDMA or CDMA device... basically, any cell phone. A "handy" would be a two-way radio device, or a cell phone with two-way radio capabilities. :-)

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madness.

I use to speak with you by phone as well, but as far as I know, our phone calls are more interesting. :)

Cheers and we'll have a drink soon again, I reckon.

Rob

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You´re always one step beyond. First, people in the subway fall in love with you, and now through the cell phone...

4:41 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

I rock, don't I? :-P

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home