Pat's Blog

blah, blah...blah?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thursday, November 03, 2005

A-Ha - Analogue.... I've got it at last!!!!!

Yessss, kiddies! Going on with this extremelly exceptional music season for me, I just got A-Ha's Analogue at last! I won't state my sources, of course. Let's just hope it'll be available at the stores soon.

The album's quite "strange" for an A-Ha album, they seem to be changing the style, though the usual touch is still there. Some lovely ballads co-existing with crazy guitars and up-tempos... I haven't listened to the album much yet, though I'd heard poor-quality versions of most of the songs in it already. I give an extra point for the vocals in this record. The arrangements are beautiful, and more complex than in previous albums. The lower points are: a) the drumming, totally lame and grooveless. Not the stuff I like, definitely. b) some of the mixes are just so noisy you can't hear the voices and it's just a whole mess of noise.

I'll give some more detailed impressions after I've heard it a couple of dozen times. :-P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can they change style but keep the 'usual touch'.

Analogues is pure a-ha.

They get better and better 'just like wine'.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Anonymous.. you're totally right!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home